1) 5S Methodology
For the Derilasertubo S.L. group, quality management systems are a way to reduce costs, improve the production processes, increase productivity and motivate personnel, bearing in mind that quality is a key factor for competitiveness in any market.
A workplace that is pleasant, clean and tidy brings direct benefits such as an improvement in quality, productivity and safety, among others.
Learning to work as a team, which retrieves the knowledge acquired by employees during their work, turning the organisation into a learning organisation and creating the conditions required to apply contemporary management techniques.
The application of the 5S methodology, a Japanese management system based on 5 basic principles:
- Sorting the areas, in order to eliminate non-essential ones.
- Effective organisation.
- Improve the standard of cleaning of each area.
- Prevent dirtiness and establish priority rules.
- Continue to improve, by encouraging efforts along these lines.
2) Lean Manufacturing Management Model
Lean Manufacturing is a management system based on increasing production efficiency in all stages by implementing continuous improvement techniques in order to eliminate or minimise any activity that does not add value to the product.
Lean is directed at developing a culture oriented at a more efficient organisation through changes in the business processes in order to increase responsiveness by reducing waste, costs and times.
At present, the most competitive businesses in all industrial sectors are using this management system and associated tools in order to be the best.
- Identify the Value, as defined by the customers’ needs (eliminate waste). We must not think for our customers. The customer pays for things that he considers to have value and not for things that we consider to be valuable. Value activities are those for which the customer is ready to pay. All other activities are waste (MUDA).
- Identify the value stream map (VSM) for each product/service. A value stream is the sequence of activities that makes it possible to respond to a customer’s need. By creating a map of the value stream, it is possible to identify those activities that do not add value, from the customer’s point of view, in order to eliminate them.
- Promote the flow (with no interruptions). We must ensure that the product/service flows smoothly through the value stream. To do so, we need to reduce delays in the value stream by removing obstacles from the process.
- Let the customers pull the production. The application of the Flow and Pull system generate a faster, more accurate response with less effort and waste. This system makes it possible to produce only what the customer requests, avoiding unnecessary stockpiling.
- Seek perfection (continuous improvement). The company needs to constantly work towards shorter production cycles and the ideal production (quality and quantity), focussing efforts on achieving value for customers.
We have won the trust of a host of companies who work with us on a daily basis, endorsing the quality of our finishes in all the different product formats. Thanks to this privileged situation, we have become market leaders in the Metal Manufacturing sector.